About Carbon Co-op
We believe the process of improving our homes to 2050 standards will be quicker, easier and cheaper if we work together, teaming up with friends and neighbours to share experience, knowledge and reduce costs through bulk purchase.
Established in 2008 and incorporated in 2011, we are a group of Greater Manchester residents who’ve begun to carry out changes in our own houses and communities, we've teamed up with housing specialists to look at what more we can do where we live.
As a co-operative, a community benefit society, our organisation is owned and run by the householders who make up it's members, we have no external shareholders or owners making profits, all resources are kept within the co-operative.
We benefit from award winning technical expertise, partners URBED are among the leading retrofit specialists in the UK and authored the Greater Manchester Retrofit Strategy.
If you are interested in upgrading your house to 2050 standards you can join Carbon Co-op as a member. You'll gain access to our technical advise, skills and resources as well as the opportunity to meet other householders working to the same goals. Members can also stand for election to the Carbon Co-op Board or join one of our working groups.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Carbon Co-op Staff Members
- Jonathan Atkinson - Project Manager - email@example.com
- Ben Aylott - Energy Systems Analyst - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Fawcett - Technical Lead - email@example.com
- Carlos Alonso Gabizon - Programmer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aneaka Kellay - Engagement and Membership Officer - email@example.com
- Laura Williams - Marketing, events and new project development - firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon Co-op Committee
The Committee, as elected in at the AGM in May 2015 are:
- Jonathan Atkinson (Company Secretary)
- Michael Hemingway
- Ann Kolodziejski
- Matthew Fawcett
- Julian Tomlin
- Jane Massam
- Rob Jones
- Sian Richards (Membership Secretary)
- Eddie Sheehy
Read the Committee Member Biographies here.
Carbon Co-op is officially known as the 'Society for the Reduction of Carbon Limited' trading as Carbon Co-op
Trading address: c/o URBED, 10 Little Lever Street, Manchester M1 1HR
Registered address: c/o Slade and Cooper, Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester M4 1LE
Registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965 Registration Number 31342R